“The Timatic® PE ATEX series extractors are technologically advanced machines dedicated to the extraction of active ingredients from medicinal plants and herbs by using, in addition to the standard solvents, potentially flammable and/or explosive solvents.
They are modern, compact and most importantly safe. They provide an automated alternative to traditional extraction systems, with the added advantage of being able to use a very wide range of solvents in a single machine.
They allow extractions from fresh or dried products without any pre-treatment, obtaining in a very short time a finished product that keeps all its nutritional, bio-functional and organoleptic properties.
The fully programmable operating cycle, automatically run by a PLC that meets all Industry 4.0 requirements, repeatedly alternates phases of pressure/expansion of the solvent in the biomass with phases of percolation and recirculation through the biomass itself, resulting in the best possible plant extract.”
Innovative ATEX compliant equipment for solid/liquid extraction of active ingredients from phytoextracts using a wide range of solvents, including flammable and/or potentially explosive solvents, in absolute safety.
Ideal equipment for a wide range of applications, for analytical and research laboratories, university laboratories, pharmacies, small and large manufacturing industries.
- Category 2/3/- equipment with ATEX certification (2014/34/EU) to safely handle a wide range of flammable and/or potentially explosive solvents such as: Pentane, Hexane, Cyclohexane, Acetone, Butanone (MEK – Methyl Ethyl Ketone), Ethanol, Dichloromethane
- Can be certified by IECEx to accelerate additional local certifications for non-European customers, such as HAZLOC (North America), CCC Ex (China), and achieve full compliance
- Manufactured using only the best chemical resistant components available on the market, such as Aisi 316/304, PTFE and FFKM
- Fast extraction time compared to traditional extraction techniques
- Extraction control via a fully customizable PLC
- Reproducibility of past extractions (10 formulas can be stored and retrieved if needed)
- Machine fully compliant with Industry 4.0 standard
- Production of pre-filtered extracts down to 5 μm obtained in a hermetically sealed environment and under anaerobic conditions
- Multiple extraction principles (recirculation, percolation and pressure/expansion) combined in one machine
- “Winterized” versions (on request) allow the extraction temperature to be set from room temperature (max. 35 °C) to below 0 °C (min. – 20 °C), for targeted cryogenic extraction of specific biomass components
- Possibility to use nitrogen in the solvent discharge phase
- Fully automatic work cycles: operator intervention is limited to the loading and unloading of the product
- Reduction of raw material storage and streamlining of finished product stocks